Monday, August 17, 2009

Why Do Our Babies Have To Grow Up?

Connor started his first day of kindergarden today and my heart is aching! I told myself I was not going to cry, but as soon as I dropped him off into his classroom, I started bawling in front of all the other parents. I could not even make it out to the car to cry in private. The rather funny part is as soon as the other moms saw me cry, they started to cry too and we all ended up hugging one another even though none of us really knew each other! I can remember thinking when Connor was about 3 years old that school was still so far away and I had all of the time in the world to be with him. Time really does go so fast and I found myself thinking today that before I know it, he will be going to college! I have missed him terribly today and feel like a part of my heart is missing! I know he will do great in school and I know growing up is part of life, but right now I am wishing I could stop time and keep my baby home a little while longer.




Connor on his first day of school!

5 comments:

Matt and Rebekah said...

Oh Holly, I can't and don't want to imagine how hard it is for your baby to go to school. I prayed for you early this morning. I know that I'll be there before I know it. Hang in there. I bet Connor is going to be so excited to tell you all that filled his amazing day.

Anonymous said...

You are such a loving mom! He looks so handsome in his school clothes. I hope your days will go better and easier! Your post makes me want to cry. Miss you!

jarcarhar said...

You made ME cry! Hang in there, sweet Holly!

Erin W said...

Well... the little guy sure does look sharp in his clothes! Good news... you'll see him more than they will :) He'll enjoy his time making new friends!
I can't wait to see you guys!

natalie said...

holly, he just started kindergarten and you have him going to college next week...enjoy the time! that said, it is just another thing i miss being here...first days of school =( hugs to everyone, i love you.